At the end of the session the trainee will be able:
- To carry out an area/site risk assessment
- To agree on what signals to be used to control the reversing procedure
- To be visible to drivers at all times
- To stand in a safe position, from which to guide the reversing vehicle.
- To wear high visibility clothing, such as reflective vests, and ensure that any signals are clearly seen
To help comply with Management Regs 1999, Workplace Regs 1992 and HSE Guidance and Approved Codes Of Practice in relation to vehicle control and interaction with pedestrians.
- Reversing 90° left
- Reversing 90° right
- Reversing around obstacles
- Reversing up to loading bays
- Importance of mirror use
- Importance of assisted reversing
- Legal consequences
- What vehicle manoeuvres will be necessary?
- Can you avoid the need to reverse vehicles?
- If vehicles must reverse, can you remove people from the area?
- Is there enough space for reversing?
- Do vehicles use the most suitable route when reversing?
- Have you considered all possible ways of dealing with the dangers of reversing vehicles?
Your candidate will be awarded a
- Certificate of attendance
Are you interested in attending this course?
If you're interested in attending this course, please get in touch for more information.