NRSW - Operatives & Supervisors
This is a competence based course for Operatives and Supervisors. It covers the key element in the new roads and streetworks act. All candidates must have previous experience in construction.
- Unit 001 – Avoidance of underground apparatus incorporating plans, diagrams, apparatus, use of equipment
- Unit 002 – Signing, lighting and guarding, code of practice, co-ordination procedures
- Unit 003 – Excavation in the highway, Road types, materials, specifications and techniques
- Unit 004 – Reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials
- Unit 005 – Reinstatement of sub-base and road base in non-bituminous materials / Road types, specification, material types
- Unit 006 – Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials / Types of materials, specification, laying practices
- Unit 007 – Reinstate Bituminous hot lay, check material temperature / Check depth of cavity, place materials to required finish levels, select correct compaction plant
- Unit 009 – Reinstate modular surfaces and concrete footways / Remove existing surfaces and clean modules / Rectify any defects in the sub-base / Place bedding material and screed / Compact to the required levels / Complete concrete surfaces to the required finish
- Unit 001 - Avoidance of underground apparatus incorporating plans, diagrams, apparatus, use of equipment
- Unit 010 – Monitoring of signing, lighting and guarding, code of practice, co-ordination, procedures
- Unit 011 – Monitoring of excavation in the highway / Road types, materials, specifications, procedures
- Unit 012 – Monitoring of reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials
- Unit 013 – Monitoring reinstatement of sub-base and road base in non-bituminous materials / Road types, specification, material types
- Unit 014 – Monitoring reinstatement of bituminous materials / Types of materials, specifications, laying techniques
- Unit 016 – Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
On completion of the course the candidate will be able to:
- Monitor streetworks, excavations and reinstatement to the standards prescribed by City & Guilds
The candidate will be awarded a:
- SQA Certificate & streetworks registration card
Are you interested in attending this course?
If you're interested in attending this course, please get in touch for more information.