Quick Hitch Training
- General Introduction
- What is a Quick Hitch
- Types of Quick Hitch
- What legislation is relevant?
- HSWA 1974, PUWER, LOLER, CDM Regs, BS EN 474 -1
- HSE/OPERC guidance
- What are the risks?
- Management systems
- Operator's legal duties
- Importance of following manufacturers' guidance
- The reasons that accidents happen
- Root causes of Quick Hitch accidents
- People/Mechanical/ Workplace aspects
- Risk assessment for bucket detachment
- Written test
- CE/Declaration of Conformity marking
- 12 monthly thorough test and examination requirement. Physical check
- Inspection and maintenance. Record/Checklist in cab?
- Integrity of hydraulic lines. Damage?
- Explanation/demonstration by operator. What type of Quick Hitch?
- Visual checks for locking mechanism
- Security of bucket checks
- Hazards to groundworkers. Working radius
- Practical Assessment
If you're interested in attending this course, please get in touch for more information.